ValGenesis is designed to electronically manage the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and software lifecycle with complete testing and validation processes. ValGenesis provides traceability through every stage of the software development process, ensures complete test and validation coverage and facilitates collaboration between business users, software development groups and quality assurance.
ValGenesis offers a completely integrated approach in which test management is an integral part of a continuous process connecting design, development, testing, validation, deployment phases and change management of the application lifecycle.
Functions in ValGenesis to Manage SDLC and Application Lifecycle Process
- Within ValGenesis requirements are living contents whereby each individual requirement is treated as a unique object. Each requirement can be modified, while new requirements can be added or existing requirements can be deleted. Changes to the requirements can be reviewed and approved through a controlled workflow. Flexibility in the requirements management process helps users manage the changes in requirements efficiently.
- Along with modifying requirements, users also have the ability to update the risk level for any requirement.
- Requirement changes can be managed through a controlled change management process available within ValGenesis.
- ValGenesis automatically tracks the changes to requirements with versions maintained for each requirement change. Reports can easily be generated to compare requirement changes on a version by version basis. Using ValGenesis requirements management is achieved through an easy-to-use [GUI is considered somewhat outdated terminology, which was popular in the transition to Windows, and had a GUI as opposed to DOS. Nowadays almost all applications have a GUI] interface thereby simplifying the issues associated with paper-based requirements management.
- ValGenesis provides dynamic traceability between requirements, design specifications, test cases, defects and the related development activities as one-to-many and many-to-one relationships. This provides complete test coverage, while enabling teams to easily determine the status of an entire project in addition to assessing the impact on testing work by changing requirements.
- Powerful querying, charting, reporting and dashboard capabilities provide management a holistic view of test planning and execution coverage and overall project status in real-time.
- ValGenesis captures the failures that have occurred during test case execution; users have the ability to bundle one-to-many failures together to create exceptions (deviations). Exceptions within ValGenesis are managed electronically; therefore the exception handling process is accelerated. Once an exception is created it is routed to a user for assessment. The assessment process is where the assigned user will determine the next course of action to be taken in order to resolve the execution failures. There are several different decisions that the assessor of the exception can take, with each decision maintaining its own unique workflow. For each exception, ValGenesis provides users with the ability to route the exception for review and approval before it is closed. Reports can easily be generated in the system to obtain metrics for exceptions and executions.
- Automated Test Execution Framework integrates ValGenesis with external automated test execution tools. The execution of automated tests and subsequent results can be recorded in ValGenesis for review and approval by testing personnel.
- Rich Web Services and Open API provide easy integration into other existing applications and technology environments