Location: Remote, Toronto area preferred but not required.
What We Need: ValGenesis now seeks to reinforce its lead position by upping our product’s user experience. To inform this direction, we are hiring a Senior UX Researcher who will work with the Junior Researcher, UX/UI, and product teams, and report to the Senior Director of UX. Our research team is committed to doing UX research right, using modern qualitative and quantitative research tools that drive continued actionable insight. These include ethnographic field research, job shadowing, deep user interviews, focus groups, surveys, A/B testing, usability testing, and click and data analytics.
Click here to learn more about working for ValGenesis, the de facto standard for paperless validation in Life Sciences.
What You’ll Be Doing (Responsibilities):
- Work with designers, product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to understand their goals and research questions.
- Evangelize research value and promote user and customer perspectives within the organization.
- Collaborate across disciplines and teams to drive research that crosses product boundaries.
- Recruit research participants, develop the participant pipeline, and nurture the user community.
- Organize, script, facilitate, and document UX research and testing activities such as user interviews, ethnographic field visits, usability testing, card sorting, etc.
- Review and report on analytics data for web and mobile using tools like Google Analytics, Flurry, HotJar, and Mixpanel for quantitative analysis and A/B tests.
- Complete competitive and comparative analysis based on advanced web and database searches.
- Inform and participate in product innovation, UX design, and product solutions.
- Contribute to the team culture through mentorship, coaching, and driving programs that will help grow the research discipline within ValGenesis.
- 10-15% ability to travel within Canada and globally (when safe).
What We Are Looking For (Requirements):
- 5+ years of UX research experience.
- Experience with a broad range of research methodologies (usability studies, interviews, site visits, surveys, user modeling, card sorting, etc.)
- Experience writing and presenting research plans.
- Experience working with Scrum or other Agile teams is an asset.
- Strong listening and interviewing skills.
- Ability to work and collaborate cross-functionally in a fully remote setting.
- Proactive time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Comfortable flowing with change and provoking it when needed.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a UX research foundational subject such as psychology, social science, marketing, HCI, human factors, or computer science/engineering.
More About Us...
Headquartered in South San Francisco, since 2005 we’ve grown into a global organization with offices around the world. ValGenesis is the global market leader and fastest-growing provider of digital validation software for life science companies. We are proud to partner with 30 of the top 50 global pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
Our SaaS platform and flagship product, Validation Lifecycle Management System (VLMS), is the first enterprise software solution to fully electronically manage the validation process lifecycle, accelerating time to market, reducing manufacturing costs, and increasing quality and regulatory compliance for our customers. As a first mover supporting the pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device industries, ValGenesis is pioneering innovation over web, mobile, IoT, and AR channels. For more, see the
ValGenesis provides a competitive base salary, top tier benefit options inclusive of health, dental, vision, Observance of Company Holidays, and PTO (paid time off). We are searching for talent that is driven to execute results to help us accomplish our goals while remaining committed to customer success, collaborating cross-functionally, openly communicating, and operating with responsibility.
ValGenesis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, color, gender identity/expression, family / medical care leave, genetic information, medical condition, physical/mental disability, political affiliation, status as a protected veteran, status as a person with a disability, or other characteristics protected by laws or regulations.