Location: Lisbon, Portugal (on-site)
What We Need: ValGenesis is looking for a passionate and experienced Senior Data Architect to join our rapidly growing team. In this role, you will be responsible for leading a new holistic data strategy and architecture, empowering our global teams to solve complex customer problems through applied analytics. As a hands-on Architect, you will be building a reusable and highly scalable data ecosystem. Your will work will play a key role in our Pharma 4.0 journey, leveraging data and emerging technologies to greatly improve the speed, quality, and safety of pharmaceutical development.
Click here to learn more about working for ValGenesis, the de facto standard for paperless validation in Life Sciences.
What You’ll Be Doing (Responsibilities):
- Provide thought leadership and drive architecture and the design of Big Data Information Management & Analytics solutions
- Lead, define, and implement end-to-end modern data platforms in support of analytics and AI use cases
- Analyze multiple sources of structured and unstructured data to propose and design data architecture solutions for scalability, high availability, fault tolerance, and elasticity.
- Set architectural vision and direction across a matrix of teams.
- Develop conceptual, logical, and physical designs for various data types and large volumes
- Implement Big Data systems in alignment with enterprise architecture and infrastructure guidelines and standards.
- Address aspects such as data privacy & security, data ingestion & processing, data storage & compute, analytical & operational consumption, data modeling, data virtualization, self-service data preparation & analytics, AI enablement, and API integrations
- Assist Software Architects in the design and implementation of high-performance systems with large-volume data integration processes, database, storage, and provisioning.
What We Are Looking For (Requirements):
- 5+ Years of experience in a Data Architect or Data Engineer role
- Proven track record of designing and delivering analytic platforms
- You are skilled in some of the following technologies: Azure Data Lake, Snowflake, Databricks, SQL, No-SQL, Synapse, Cosmos DB, Power BI
- Experienced in designing and building cloud-native ETL data pipelines
- Strong math and analytical skills are essential to complete job requirements successfully
- Able to compile and organize statistical information retrieved and present findings to management
- Experience working with private and sensitive personal information
- Confident in decision-making and the ability to explain processes or choices as needed
- Interpersonal and customer service skills are required when meeting with and interviewing potential clients
- Excellent multitasking skills and task management strategies
- Ability to complete milestones and work toward multiple deadlines simultaneously
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field
- Experience designing and deploying big data solutions on Microsoft Azure
- Experience working in a mixed system design (mix of hosting environment) cloud and on-prem data storage
- Experience in Agile methodologies like Scrum
More About US...
Headquartered in South San Francisco, since 2005 we’ve grown into a global organization with offices around the world. ValGenesis is the global market leader and fastest-growing provider of digital validation software for life science companies. We are proud to partner with 30 of the top 50 global pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
Our SaaS platform and flagship product, Validation Lifecycle Management System (VLMS), is the first enterprise software solution to fully electronically manage the validation process lifecycle, accelerating time to market, reducing manufacturing costs, and increasing quality and regulatory compliance for our customers. As a first mover supporting the pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device industries, ValGenesis is pioneering innovation over web, mobile, IoT, and AR channels. For more, see the
ValGenesis provides a competitive base salary, top tier benefit options inclusive of health, dental, vision, Observance of Company Holidays, and PTO (paid time off). We are searching for talent that is driven to execute results to help us accomplish our goals while remaining committed to customer success, collaborating cross-functionally, openly communicating, and operating with responsibility.
- ValGenesis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, color, gender identity/expression, family / medical care leave, genetic information, medical condition, physical/mental disability, political affiliation, status as a protected veteran, status as a person with a disability, or other characteristics protected by laws or regulations.