Location: Lisbon, Portugal (Hybrid)
What We Need: ValGenesis Portugal is seeking a skilled English-to-Portuguese translator to work on a variety of products for our company. In this role, you will be responsible for translating product descriptions, user manuals, marketing materials, and other documents from English to Portuguese. The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Portuguese, as well as a keen attention to detail.
Learn more about working for ValGenesis, the de facto standard for paperless validation in Life Sciences: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tASq7Ld0JsQ
What You’ll Be Doing (Responsibilities):
- Translate product descriptions, user manuals, marketing materials, and other documents from English to Portuguese
- Ensure translations are accurate, clear, and culturally appropriate for the target audience
- Collaborate with other members of the team to ensure consistency across all products and materials
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
- Research as needed to ensure accurate translations of technical terminology and industry-specific jargon
What We Are Looking For (Requirements):
- Native or fluent in both English and Portuguese (minimum B2, with exceptional writing and verbal communication skills)
- Bachelor's degree in Portuguese language, translation, or related field preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a translator, preferably in a product-related field
- Proficiency in using translation software and tools
- Knowledge of industry-specific terminology and technical jargon
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
- Experience in working and living in a multicultural environment
More About US...
Headquartered in South San Francisco, since 2005 we’ve grown into a global organization with offices around the world. ValGenesis is the global market leader and fastest-growing provider of digital validation software for life science companies. We are proud to partner with 30 of the top 50 global pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
Our SaaS platform and flagship product, Validation Lifecycle Management System (VLMS), is the first enterprise software solution to fully electronically manage the validation process lifecycle, accelerating time to market, reducing manufacturing costs, and increasing quality and regulatory compliance for our customers. As a first mover supporting the pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device industries, ValGenesis is pioneering innovation over web, mobile, IoT, and AR channels. For more, see the
ValGenesis provides a competitive base salary, top tier benefit options inclusive of health, dental, vision, Observance of Company Holidays, and PTO (paid time off). We are searching for talent that is driven to execute results to help us accomplish our goals while remaining committed to customer success, collaborating cross-functionally, openly communicating, and operating with responsibility.
- ValGenesis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, color, gender identity/expression, family / medical care leave, genetic information, medical condition, physical/mental disability, political affiliation, status as a protected veteran, status as a person with a disability, or other characteristics protected by laws or regulations.