Location: Lisbon, Portugal (on-site)
What We Need: ValGenesis now seeks to expand its Learning Services Department. We’re a new team at ValGenesis, and under the direction and guidance of our VP, Nancy Cattle, we continue to grow. Come join the dynamic, fast-moving team that’s architecting and building a world-class University for the ValGenesis offerings. In Learning Services, we have a direct impact on our employees, our partners, our customers, and the business by providing products, business processes, and skills training for audiences around the globe, from colleagues to partners to client end-users.
Learn more about working for ValGenesis, the de facto standard for paperless validation in Life Sciences.
What You’ll Be Doing (Responsibilities):
- Instructional Design:
- Using the ADDIE model, design and develop courseware for both e-Learning, vILT, and ILT delivery.
- Determine job tasks and workflows
- Identify learning objectives and outcomes for courses and lessons
- Learn the product as well as talk to SMEs for guidance
- Design course and lesson content
- Write clearly and concisely, in a consistent style and in compliance with our standards, effectively conveying the features of the system to the learner
- Maintain environment data to use in creating training; interface with the Product team to obtain an environment and keep it updated
- Design using adult learning principles
- Develop vILT/ILT instructor guides
- Create the lessons in Adobe Captivate
- Interface with the LMS administrator to ensure proper upload of content to the learning management system (Docebo is our LMS)
- Maintain Courses
- Keep the content current with new releases
- Define new topics to be incorporated into the program
- Project Management
- Plan and estimate time to complete assignments
- Provide weekly status on progress
- Maintain project documentation and files
- Support live training to audiences around the world
- Currently: Answer questions that come in through the University e-Learning courses for your products.
- Currently: Train the internal trainers on using the courseware and instructor guide if they need to deliver live training.
- Currently: Support and help certify clients, partners, and internal staff who are going through our certification process.
- Future: You may be delivering training virtually and/or on-site.
What We Are Looking For (Requirements):
- 3+ years’ experience working in software companies, understanding the development life cycle and software development lingo, and being able to collaborate and communicate with product developers.
- 3+ years’ experience in Life Sciences, in the area of validation and risk
- 3+ years working with the ADDIE model and Adult Learning Principles.
- Fluent in English and Portuguese
- Experience creating well-received course agendas and content
- Strong Instructional Design skills, including mind-mapping skills, writing “stories”, designing learning flow, creating storyboards
- Basic Captivate skills, using our templates.
- A passionate, skilled, natural teacher; highly engaging, patient, and committed
- Ability to engage the audience and tailor your delivery to their unique needs, enabling optimal engagement and learning retention
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills, along with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Experience working in a multicultural, global organization
- A commitment to customer success and cross-functional collaboration.
- A plus: 100+ hours of classroom (vILT or ILT) experience training users on software
- A plus: Ability to travel in Europe in the future to present training
The Nice to Haves (Preferred Qualifications):
- Additional knowledge of foreign languages (German, Spanish, French)
- Prior experience supporting a fast-growing organization
- Successful track record of managing ongoing client relationships
More About US...
Headquartered in South San Francisco, since 2005 we’ve grown into a global organization with offices around the world. ValGenesis is the global market leader and fastest-growing provider of digital validation software for life science companies. We are proud to partner with 30 of the top 50 global pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
Our SaaS platform and flagship product, Validation Lifecycle Management System (VLMS), is the first enterprise software solution to fully electronically manage the validation process lifecycle, accelerating time to market, reducing manufacturing costs, and increasing quality and regulatory compliance for our customers. As a first mover supporting the pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device industries, ValGenesis is pioneering innovation over web, mobile, IoT, and AR channels. For more, see the
ValGenesis provides a competitive base salary, top tier benefit options inclusive of health, dental, vision, Observance of Company Holidays, and PTO (paid time off). We are searching for talent that is driven to execute results to help us accomplish our goals while remaining committed to customer success, collaborating cross-functionally, openly communicating, and operating with responsibility.
- ValGenesis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, color, gender identity/expression, family / medical care leave, genetic information, medical condition, physical/mental disability, political affiliation, status as a protected veteran, status as a person with a disability, or other characteristics protected by laws or regulations.