Building traceability matrices is a very important part of the validation process and provides users with documented evidence that the intended use of the system has been tested at the requirements or functional level. Within ValGenesis, traceability matrices can be created dynamically and updated in real time to reflect the changes made to requirements and test functions. The ValGenesis system allows users to include multiple documents to be mapped against each other; the system will automatically link individual requirements to test step levels. Building traceability matrices has never been so easy. With a few mouse clicks the system automatically builds comprehensive trace matrices that provide both forward and backward traceability. The ValGenesis system also allows users to view the traceability between documents for completeness before routing them for review and approval, thus significantly reducing the overall time for authoring.
- A dynamic traceability matrix generation function helps to expedite the trace matrix generation process and easily performs coverage analysis by viewing the relationship between related items.
- Requirements are linked at the test step level for efficient traceability.
- The system supports one to many, many to one and many to many relationships at the requirement level.
- ValGenesis supports forward and backward traces.
- Trace matrices can be approved through a controlled workflow.
- Any number of items can be included in a single trace matrix. For example, a single trace matrix can have URS, FRS, DS, OQ etc.