Interfaces with Document Management Systems
ValGenesis provides validated connectors for commonly used document management systems. This interface provides an end-to-end, secured, 100% paperless validation lifecycle management solution plus central storage of validation documents and data provided by these two complementary systems.
This interface will seamlessly provide global access, retrieval and storage of corporate validation data and documents generated by ValGenesis within the corporate document management system. This helps to leverage real-time reporting and the search functionality of a document management system for validation data and documents. Furthermore, document management staff can apply federated retention policies to unify management practices across all documents and record types throughout their organizations, ensuring consistent compliance to regulatory requirements.
Interface with EMC Documentation
Interface with MS SharePoint
Interface with EMC Documentum
OverviewMany Life Sciences companies use EMC Documentum for document management and want the flexibility to leverage this investment. ValGenesis continues to offer state-of-the-art software systems and allows customers to use Documentum as the central repository for validation data and documents throughout the enterprise, with this integration.
- ValGenesis can be integrated with Documentum as User Interface (UI) for the corporate validation lifecycle management process
- Taxonomy created in ValGenesis will be dynamically created in a Documentum Cabinet
- Approved ValGenesis documents (Templates, Requirements, Developed Protocols, and Executed Protocols etc.) will be available in a specified Documentum Cabinet
- Documents authored in Documentum can be synchronized with ValGenesis to create traceability matrices and to execute electronically, the final approved documents will be stored in Documentum
- Documents available in Documentum including SOPs, User Manual etc. can be made available in ValGenesis for quick reference
- Validation documents and data generated in ValGenesis are available to Documentum users
- Allows ValGenesis to provide its rich Validation Lifecycle Management functionality to companies wanting to standardize their document storage on Documentum
- Validation Documents authored, reviewed and approved in Documentum can be synchronized with ValGenesis to generate Traceability matrices and execute electronically
- Validation documents and traceability matrices generated in ValGenesis can be published within Documentum in a PDF format with required watermarks
- Leverages the Workflow Designer available within ValGenesis and manages complex validation workflow requirements with Parallel and/or Sequential options without customizing Documentum Webtop/Compliance Manager (DCM)
- Reference documents such as SOPs, User Manuals etc. from different Documentum cabinets can be bound within ValGenesis, these reference documents will be available as hyperlinks in ValGenesis throughout the validation lifecycle for quick reference
Interface with MS SharePoint
OverviewMicrosoft SharePoint has emerged as a serious alternative for addressing enterprise content management needs. The challenge for many regulated life science companies that have adopted, or plan to adopt, SharePoint will soon detect a steady increase in the number of deployed workflows, running workflow instances, change requests, and exceptions. Presently, in the market place, most workflow add-ons and third party solutions using SharePoint as a platform, focus mainly on how to quickly and easily automate business processes by customizing workflows available in SharePoint, yet these solutions provide inadequate compliance, limited functionality, insufficient configuration, lack of user ease, and poor reporting and process management capabilities.
ValGenesis can leverage the strengths of SharePoint while providing a complete Validation Lifecycle Management solution. Both ValGenesis and SharePoint systems are based on a common .NET platform making the interface seamless and providing natural synergies.
- Taxonomy created in ValGenesis will be dynamically created in a SharePoint document library of site collections.
- Approved ValGenesis documents (Templates, Requirements, Developed Protocols, and Executed Protocols etc.) will be available in the SharePoint document library of site collections in real time.
- Validation documents and data generated in ValGenesis are available to SharePoint users
- Validation task alerts and messages that are generated in ValGenesis are displayed in the SharePoint portal
- Allows ValGenesis to provide its rich Validation Lifecycle Management functionality to companies wanting to standardize their document storage on SharePoint
- Leverages the rich ad-hoc reporting and analysis provided by ValGenesis and publishes reports in a SharePoint portal for global access, without the requirement to write code
- Validation documents and traceability matrices generated in ValGenesis can be published within a SharePoint portal, in a PDF format with required watermarks
- Leverages the Workflow designer available within ValGenesis and manages complex validation workflow requirements with Parallel and/or Sequential options, without impacting on the SharePoint server
- Reference documents such as SOPs, User Manuals, and Operational Guides from different SharePoint site collections can be bound at the category, sub category or system level within ValGenesis. For quick review, these reference documents will be available as hyperlinks in ValGenesis throughout the validation lifecycle
- With no need to install any proprietary web services and windows services on SharePoint, it greatly eases support, maintenance, and upgrades for IT, while keeping SharePoint clean
- Easily expands richer and more consistent ‘code free’ workflow creations, configuration and process management capabilities for business users and IT